Thursday, July 5, 2012

July 4th Update

Well, I finally got around to putting a list of the varieties of plants we are testing on the farm up on the website.  It is somewhat lengthy, but I have had several people request to see what we are experimenting with.  I hope to purchase a digital camera soon so I can post pictures of plants and different fruits as they mature.  We might have a few (and I mean just a few) tasty blueberries this year to sample.  The raspberries are going crazy, as are the serviceberries.  So, look for me selling these berries this summer at the Jennifer Dr. gravel pit.
  Now for some bad news.  My dump truck caught fire in June.  It looks salvageable, but it will set me back some time.  I also managed to damage some fruit trees while I was clearing the area above my driveway.  Definitely no plums this year.  And, (as has been the case in the past) no grapes yet.  Maybe next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment