Thursday, April 21, 2011

My first blog!

Hello and welcome to my blog.  I have wanted to set one up for over a year and it has finally happened!  The topics of this blog will be related to my farming ventures.  I currently operate a very small (1 acre) farm and "vineyard".  I will post developments from time to time, as my journey into agriculture in the far north takes shape.

I started the farm three years ago.  Each year I sell flower and vegetable seedlings in May and June.  I also sell produce from July through early October.  Two years ago, I decided that I would start growing grapes. What a learning experience it has been!  A lot different from growing grapes in Fresno, CA, where I grew up.  I also grow raspberries (who doesn't here in interior Alaska?), strawberries, currants, and rhubarb.  With a new summer almost upon us, it will be interesting to see how much I will be able to expand my operation.  I will post again soon with pictures, so you can see my farm!

No comments:

Post a Comment